BUAC Electives Program
The BUAC Electives Program gives students the opportunity to take classes in their area of interest and add to their high school transcripts/portfolios with extra-curricular activities and academic courses that are viewed positively by college admission officers. Most elective courses are designed to be hands-on and/or cooperative in nature (discussion-based), giving homeschool students the opportunity to gain desired academic experiences difficult to achieve in the home setting. Occasionally, lecture classes are offered that feature interesting subject matter and/or exceptional teachers.
BUAC Electives uses a university-style model where students are held directly accountable for their conduct and performance. Please see the "BUAC Expectations" page of this web site for more information about student rules expectations.
Features of the 2022-2023 BUAC Electives Program include:
- Fees: $165 registration fee for spring semester.
- Students may choose up to three courses per semester from the Electives schedule. Students are encouraged, but not required, to take three courses per semester.
- Courses are offered from 1-4 p.m. on Thursday.
- There are no study halls offered at BUAC Electives, but students are typically invited to eat lunch and fellowship with other BUAC students from 12-1 p.m. each Thursday. Students can not be on campus while classes are in session unless they are registered for a class during that time.
- BUAC first hour classes begin at 1:00. The remaining classes begin at 2:00 and 3:00.
- Although each teacher sets his/her own objectives for the class, the expectation for out-of-class work is not significant.
- Elective classes meet for two 16-week semesters.
- High school credit may be assigned to each course taken, but the amount of credit earned for each class is up to the discretion of the parent.
- Grades are not given for electives courses.
- The BU performing arts program has its own leadership, but is associated with BUAC Electives and follows the rules and expectations of BUAC Electives.
dd text, images, video, widgets, etc...